Legs cut out for the work bench
So after going road tripping for a week, and then working on some website development for some clients, I was itching to get this workbench wrapped up!
I still had a few huge 4″X3″X10′ posts that made the foundation of the pallet I’ve been breaking down into this workbench. Normally I would’ve cut these out earlier in the project, but because of how thick these posts are, I had to wait until I had a saw big enough and tough enough to handle these! Since my grandpa needed his table saw back last year, I broke down and bought my own handheld circular saw! With the new saw in hand, it was time to get started.
I cut the legs to 35 inches tall, which makes the bench the perfect height for either a standing workbench, or for a stool. Here’s a picture of one of the posts I cut for the legs.
After some measuring and cutting, I had my 4 – 35 inch legs! I was actually pretty happy with how they came out, not crooked or anything!
With my legs cut out, I wanted to do a dry fit of these legs with the table base, to see if I was going to need to make any adjustments. More pictures!
When I put the legs on, I didn’t realize the base boards I have that are obstructed from view by the sides aren’t 100% level. This makes the back left leg in the pictures a little longer by about 1/4 inch. I’ll have to cut that leg down a bit to compensate.
All in all though, not bad for what was a pallet about 9 months ago! I took the legs back off for now, and after I adjust them I’m going to pick up some carriage bolts and nuts, to make putting this back together a breeze! Then I can put clear coat on the sides of the bench, and I’m good to go!
I’ll post updates as they come. Hope you enjoyed this update!