Flooring installed, next up roofing!
This weekend I worked on installing the laminate flooring I had ordered to make for a more pleasant sleeping surface. This was a pretty time consuming step, and I needed the help of my Dad to finish it!
First we had to put down the flooring underlayment, to give cushioning and help seal out the laminate from the rest of the foundation. This step literally took minutes, and I stapled the underlayment down so that it wouldn’t go anywhere.
After putting down the underlayment, we started fitting the laminate in 1 section at a time. If you haven’t picked this up from my previous pictures, my trailer is unfortunately a little bit crooked. This is my first big time carpentry project on my own, and I goofed up a couple of parts when I put the initial foundation on the trailer. Nothing that would put the structural integrity of my trailer into question, but it’s made measuring things a little tricky for situations like this. Because of that, cutting the laminate pieces to size so that they would fit properly took the longest in this step. Here are some more pics.
Eventually, we got the whole floor fitted in, and I was able to start cutting off the excess pieces of laminate, and screw everything down into place.
I had a little bit of free time on Sunday, so I used the rest of my time to put up a couple of additional roof spars so that I can get started on the roof next weekend!